I am not a registered dietician. I am not a doctor. I am a patient of Paleo. I have been sick and then healed by eating clean, real, nutrient dense food. While I am a total paleo geek, incessantly listening to evolutionary health podcasts and reading up on the latest research in clean living and epigenetic mutations, I will not claim to be a professional. Here I have posted some of the sites/resources that helped me on my journey. I hope they help you, too.
Start here with my version of a true 30 Day Detox on the Paleo Diet. It outlines what you can and cannot eat. Follow up with the links I have provided below on why it works. Do your research.
Here are my favorite resources for explaining Paleo:
1. Lately I have really been into Chris Kresser. He is an expert in functional medicine and has a tremendously in-depth approach to answering all of your "whys" to this deal. I especially enjoy his research on the systematic inflammatory effects of Omega 6 fats. Check him out here: chriskresser.com
2. From Sarah Fragoso at Everyday Paleo: Paleo FAQs
3. From Melissa Joulwan at The Clothes Make the Girl: Paleo 101
4. From Melissa and Dallas Hartwig at Whole9Life: Whole9Life.com
5. My favorite "food porn" paleo recipe communities:
6. An Infographic for you visual-learners out there: