Important disclaimer: None of this tastes as good as being healthy feels.
Check out the 20 things I love about the paleo diet, too, at the end of the post. What is on your list of things you miss and things you don't? What has improved in your life? Is it worth throwing away for a cinnabon?
TWENTY THINGS I MISS ON THE PALEO DIET:
1. Beans and Cornbread
2. 7 Layer Dip
3. Cheese Parties, but especially blue cheese
4. Grabbing a peppermint on the way out of a restaurant
5. Frozen Mojitos
6. Hawaiian Pizza with Jalapenos
7. Toasted Marshmallows
8. Pita Chips, Dipped in Hummus, Dipped in Mini M&Ms
9. Frozen Yogurt
13. Tasting everything at Costco on Saturday afternoons
14. Peppermint Mocha Frappuccinos with Whipped Cream
15. Papaya Dog
16. Eating an irresponsible amount of peas
17. Not having to look like a prick at a restaurant with my special requests.
19. My house not smelling like fresh baked cookies
20. Having clothes that fit.
TWENTY THINGS I LOVE ABOUT BEING ON THE PALEO DIET:
1. Having to buy new clothes because all my old ones are falling off.
2. Eating steak for breakfast (lunch and dinner).
3. When the cashier at the grocery store praises my purchase.
4. Having energy
9. Eating enough protein and having the endurance to (finally) build muscle. What do you think about girls with muscles? Is strong the new sexy?
10. Caring about what goes into my little boy's tummy. And knowing I'm a good mom for it.
11. Friends and family asking me for advice on improving their health.
13. Never getting sick
14. Not having to pay for a diet plan. (Weight Watchers, Jenny, Nutrisystem..) Ever notice that no one is selling paleo?
15. Knowing what my body needs. When you get eliminate all the junk, your body tells you what it needs, when you're really hungry, when you aren't.
16. Black Coffee (who knew?)
17. Tuna Salad, Chicken Salad, Egg Salad, Ham Salad (Any protein + Mayonnaise)
18. Knowing where my food comes from.
19. Knowing that I am doing everything I can to prevent lifestyle-related health problems like diabetes, alztheimers, cancer, heart disease, acne, depression, etc.
20. Sushi with no rice.
Leave me a comment with your list! I'd love to hear what you miss and what you love.